Saturday 15 June 2013

Some of the Most Random Photos I've Found on my own Facebook Wall...



The other day I was pretty bored. So bored, in fact, that I thought a trip down memory lane was in order and as I am terrible at keeping hard copies of pictures, I started to look through my old Facebook photos. I started as far back as it would allow and as I flicked through the photos, I realised that there are a number of  photos in there that, without context, look somewhat odd.

There are even some that I truly cannot explain. Moments that only a camera can capture. Fleeting, beautiful moments like:


The time my friend and I turned a museum display into an obscenity:


I am so sorry, Imperial War Museum of Manchester. So sorry.

This one doesn't really need much explaining. The notice said, "Make peace signs or write your initials out of the blocks below". Needless to say, we didn't.


The time I rode a multicoloured zebra through Cape Town:
Pac Man looks more interesting in South Africa

This was actually taken during the 2010 World Cup and there were a couple of colourful zebra statues in the city centre. I was fairly drunk and was determined to ride one, despite the heavily-armed Policemen patrolling the streets.


The time I made the most awkward sandcastle ever:

Yeah, it was like the scene from 'Ghost', but more emotional

This was taken in 2010 during a trip to Wales. And yes, I'm ashamed to say there were children around.


The time I wore Laderhosen to a music festival:
A true British music festival... with mud.

My friends face says it all.


The time Mario and Luigi visited a comic book store:
Mario became somewhat more 'Nazi' in his later years

There really isn't a story behind this one. Any opportunity to dress up really...


The time I rode a horse:

The horse looks disappointed in me

I suspect there are a great many photos like this out there. This was taken in Capernwray, an inland dive site in Lancashire. If you're going to ride a horse, it might as well be a huge one underwater.


The time I WAS a horse:

The red drink turned man into horse

This was taken at the Shambala folk festival in 2010. I bought a mask and it would appear that even people who liked horses were somewhat unnerved by it. I made a point of leaning close to them and shouting "DO YOU LIKE HORSES?!"


The time me and a friend hit a time warp:

Benny Hill gone very wrong

This was also taken in the Imperial War Museum in Manchester, shortly after sculpting the obscenity on the wall. I think we were truly hated that day.


The day Thor and Loki were goaded into a photo with a very drunk man:
He was so happy, I didn't want to tell him we weren't the REAL Thor and Loki

This was Halloween 2012 and a particularly ambitious costume that led to a lot of people stopping me and my friend in the street for photos. It sounds great, put the people really were quite drunk... like this guy.


The time I accidentally became a merman:

I like that I'm at a similar depth to the people using SCUBA

This was one of those awesome moments where the camera catches something that would've been missed even by human eyes at the time it was photographed. This was taken in Egypt in 2011 and it stands among one of my most favourite unintentional photos.


The time my friend photoshopped me into... this:

I don't even know what to say to this.

I can't even begin to imagine the motivation behind this, but he managed to pick an awesome photo that actually quite accurately reflects what my true facial expression would be in this situation.


The time when... I... just... what the good God?

What?

The worst thing about this photo is I can't even remember it being taken. I think I was at Warwick Castle, but I can't begin to guess who these people were; why they were dressed like that; why they had abominations for children and why I chose to have my photo taken with them.


And finally, a moment of pure excitement:

I don't think I have ever been this happy in my life.

This was taken in Wales, and it is a picture of me touching a donkey. Needless to say, I am rather fond of donkeys.


I guess the point I am trying to make from this post is that it is sometimes worth looking through old photos because not only will you get to relive some of your fond memories; you might also get to find some you didn't even know you had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts...